Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wow, that long???


It has been a really long time since I have posted anything.  I think I felt that if I stopped, the thought of having Cancer would not creep up in the back of mind on a daily basis.   That hasn’t worked.  Things are good, I am fast approaching the 3 year mark after I finished Chemo (May 13) which makes me 2 year out from my 5 since diagnosis!  Five is a very important number because you are not considered in remission until you have past 5 years of NO EVIDENCE OF DISEASE.  It also is easing my mind because with the type of Colorectal Cancer, reoccurrence is within 2-21/2 years.


A lot of things have changed since that fateful day and a lot of things have not.  I definitely celebrate each birthday and other event with more joy and emotion than life before.  Even though some may not see it, the little things are so much more important.  I am seeing my children grow and go on to be successful adults.  I still love my frustrating husband and have an even greater appreciation of loving your exact opposite.


This post is not a debby downer, it’s as it has always been a place to vent and update and be whatever.  I am happy with my life but most of all I am happy that I am alive and sometimes in a crazy world we forget how important that is.



THINGS HAVING CANCER TAUGHT ME:


·        You are never alone


·        Your realize who your Real friends are and they are NOT who you thought


·        Strangers are just unmet friends


·        Your family really will do anything for you


·        Beauty is no longer an appearance trait but a soul trait


·        EVERY LITTLE THING MATTERS


·        Make memories whenever you can

* DO WHAT YOU LOVE.... with that being said, I will be updating this blog on a not so frequent basis as I move on to doing what I love..so check out my NEW blog  @ www.ideaqueen.blogspot.com


No comments: