Monday, August 4, 2008

To win , you must have the right Equipment..

I view cancer as a war against my body. In order to property fight this war, I need the right equipment. At this stage, the most important equipment is Knowledge. I have gotten so MANY questions about this that I am going to share some of what I managed to learn here....



According to the American Cancer Society, colorectal cancer is one of the leading causes of cancer-related deaths in the United States. (However, early diagnosis often leads to a complete cure.) There is no single cause for colon cancer. Nearly all colon cancers begin as non-cancerous (benign) polyps, which slowly develop into cancer.



How did I know, well I didn't I had a few questionable changes that freaked me out enough to get it checked out.



Abdominal pain and tenderness in the lower abdomen
Blood in the stool (YEP, this was ME!)
Diarrhea, constipation, or other change in bowel habits ( This was me too)
Intestinal obstruction
Narrow stools
Unexplained anemia
Weight loss with no known reason

Was that TMI... But hey I figure everyone asks.



I am sure that I will have more answer pertaining to ME after I meet with the DOC on Wednesday. Till then I sit ( yeah not hard stuff though, Pops!) and wait and READ.



Information is the key.

No comments: