Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What do I want this to become...

I had an interesting conversation today. A dear friend asked me " What do you want this to become?" Weird question, I know but an appropriate one. For those that know me well, know I am passionate about serveral things and those causes happen to be a result of something that I experienced. I told my friend, this is my new cause! I want to educate and inform. If talking about my butt gets people to get tested, so be it. Then I would have made another difference and left another Mark upon this world. Who better than me to get the word out... I have survied every bad thing imaginable and I guess the only thing left to throw in my path was Cancer and not only Cancer but the most embarrassing... BUTT Cancer!

This is where you come in... I want everyone to be aware of the changes that happen in your body. Don't be embarrassed to ask questions about private areas. Go to the doctor, get the test! I have a few other ideas brewing in my head , I want to have fund raisers, but most of all I want to get the word out. I want to be the poster African-American Woman of Colon Cancer. I want to make a difference and save one life even if turns out not to be my own.


I love you all and the prayers are working, I feel great!

No comments: