Thursday, August 7, 2008

The NEWS is........

The cancer has not spread, not in the lymph nodes and not to other organs. All in all, the best possible thing you want to hear in my situation. Because it has not spread, the cure rate is about 90 %! Even I would take those odds!

The treatment plan pretty much stays the same. The only difference is that they are adding Chemo to the radiation and chemo after surgery. I still may end up a bag lady but to me thats a small price for my life. Next week , I am going to have a Mediport put in, basically an IV under my collar bone for the chemo. I will start my treatments the following week, same time as my big boy starts Football!

As I travel through this journey, I am so amazed but how many people cancer has affected. Whether it be a family member or themselves, its a true test of surivial.

Each day now, I am more Thankful for what I have and the life I hae lived. I treasue each sticky hug and kiss a little more. Take a little more time to listen to my chatty teenager. I realize that as big and strong of a man my hubby is, his biggest fear is losing me and that makes all the difference. I am grateful for all these things and many more. But most of all, I am grateful to experience them for awhile longer.

http://www.inspiringthots.net/movie/saucer.php

No comments: