Monday, May 11, 2009

39 Here I come......

I can not believe that I will be 39 in a few days. I am actually looking forward to it! Only because I can say I am another year older. I hope to enjoy many more. Cancer really makes you appreciate the little things. My daughter made me a beautiful photo album for Mothers Day. It was so special to me that she took the time to go through boxes of pictures and organize them in an album with captions. Every picture has a memory and the best part is she left blank pages at the end to fill in in the years to come. Is that postive thinking or what!!!

I am also trying to raise money for the CCA (Colon Cancer Alliance). They are an agency that helps for reseach funding and information. I want to raise 3900 in lieu of me turning 39!!! I am also trying to start a chapter in the DC area because the nearest is Philly and we need this and I need to give back. I have been so blessed with all the opportunites given me now, I understand the meaning of don't sweat the small stuff..

I only have 3 treatments left. I am so excited, I remember when I was 3 treatments in and eanted to Quit. I tired several times but the doc refused. Now the end is in site and I am excited about the possibilities for the rest of my life.

If you want to make a donation, hit me uo via email and I will give you the details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you-at the group discussion Wed. you are a beautiful woman of courage. I will be praying for you.

I will call soon--not for a few days b/c today was chemo day and my hands a are cramping up on me --so one tender finger typing--
all love to you,
Hope